MASP SECURITY OFFICER
The Mojave Air & Space Port (MASP), a General Aviation Airport in Kern County, CA, is seeking applications for a competent Security Guard to join our team and undertake in the surveillance of our premises and protection of our staff, tenants and visitors. We are a general aviation and flight test airport, and America’s first in-land commercial spaceport. Our clients include the National Test Pilot School, Stratolaunch (the world’s largest aircraft), Virgin Orbit, Scaled Composites, and other industry leading aerospace companies. We also provide key military and law enforcement aviation and ground support as well as, being a premier destination for music, movie, and photography companies.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing, and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Must be able to work in inclement weather. Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county, and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers. Some overtime may be required. Other duties as assigned to support safe and efficient airport operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
• Detection of suspicious behavior and reporting vandalism, thefts, administration code violations or other criminal behavior
• Radio communication and interaction with aircraft
• Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property
• Facility and perimeter checks
• Check surveillance cameras to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
• Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
• Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
• Provide assistance to tenants and visitors
• Submit surveillance activity reports using windows based applications
• Monitor surveillance and gate monitoring systems
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
• California Guard Card
• California Drivers License, minimum Class C
• Ability to pass drug and background screenings.
• High School Diploma
Mojave Air & Space Port offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health and pension through CalPERS. In addition, we offer dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, life insurance and more. Salary consideration will be based on experience. If you are interested in applying, please send resumes to email@example.com.